Friday, October 26, 2012

Must get ready!

Even though I hate that everyone has started to focus on Christmas I realized that maybe I should to. Maybe not completely focus but at least glance at it. I need to at least start deciding what I want to get people and maybe get some kind of budget in place. (Although I really hate that I even have to start thinking about it but the cold hard truth is I do!)

This year I've decided that I want to do a home-made Christmas. Like literally almost every gift except for money will be homemade (and a few other select things I have up my sleeve). Well at least that's what I'm aiming for. I one year spent over five hundred dollars on Christmas presents, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't dating Scottie then and only had one nephew at the time. Needless to say I was bill free and carefree. But this year it's a whole new ball game! I'm doing Christmas on a budget this year but it's still going to be fabulous. And I can say thank you to a lovely website called Pinterest (which I'm sure you read abut in my last entry!)

So just a warning to everyone that will be getting a gift from me this year it most likely will be homemade so beware! Just kidding because I know it will be fabulous. Not gonna lie I'm pretty good at crafting so get excited because it's going to be epic.

A little preview as to what some of my plans are:
I'm thinking hot coco mugs with some personalization, hair tye/hair clips/head bands holders for some special girls I know, maybe a fort, maybe a marshmallow shooter, definitely some belts and awesome ties for a stylish guy I know, many homemade ornaments with some special touches, some pretty signs, personalized bake ware, maybe some candles, maybe even a necklace or two and a lot more! I'm pretty excited! I'll be posting pictures (after Christmas of course!)

Disclaimer: I know I went on a rant about how everyone focuses way to much on Christmas and I hate it, I really do. But honestly everyone should start thinking about Christmas gifts now because waiting to the last minute for shopping is just silly, especially if you're going for a homemade Christmas this year! So while I still hate the early commercials (so far I've only seen a Target Christmas commercial) and how the Christmas displays in stores are already set up I really need to at least start thinking of gifts and a budget.

In other news to get back to today and enjoying this lovely autumn season. We finally carved some pumpkins! Whoo hoo! My sister, her husband, her two beautiful children along with my mom and dad, Scottie's brother Jeff, his lovely girlfriend Autumn and her son Teegan we carved pumpkins! I went with simple this year. My pumpkin was an owl which I love and it didn't take me two hours to do which I love even more! My dad had such a huge pumpkin he put two designs on his, Adora just wanted a pink pumpkin so she stuck with some paint. Kody got an awesome spider and my brother-in-law did a scare crow (which I have yet to see, because he couldn't finish it due to a cranky little princess).

Pictures (I don't have Kody's because the picture I took was with my sister's camera so yeah):

My dad's amazing pumpkin!

Adora's pretty pink pumpkin with some glitter of course!

And my cute little owl. Love!
 
Happy Halloween everyone! It's coming up quick! Hope you have all your costumes together and your bags ready to get all that candy. I am so excited to be giving out candy this year at our own house! So very excited! I've decided that I'm going to be the "Aunt Lou" of our generation. When I was little we would do our trick or treating and half way through we would go to my Aunt Lou's house. She always had hot coco ready and caramel apples (myfavorite)! So this year I plan on having skeleton cupcakes ready, extra candy for our extra special visitors and of course some spooky drinks ready to replenish them to go and get even more candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment