Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm probably just a little bit crazy but....

No we do not have kids and no we are currently not expecting. Now saying that you might think I'm just a little bit crazy because yes I look for baby deals already.

It's just the way my brain is wired. For some reason I like to think that I should get as much stuff as possible so it's less things people have to buy for us. Now I know, I know it will be our first baby. People will want to buy us stuff but I like to be prepared. I've already re-done Scottie's old dresser. Sanded it and painted it white. Just have to spray paint the hard -ware yellow and it's done. I found a changing table on the side of the road. Sanded that and painted it white as well, just need a changing pad. And I tested it too, my niece Adora sat on it (who is 2 1/2) and it didn't fall through so I think we're good!

I guess it's also because maybe I don't want the standard baby things. I don't want the typical set. I guess I think it'd be cool to say to my kid some day you know I knew someday you were going to come and I wanted to make things extra special just for you.

I also try to do these things now because I don't have any kids and I'm not pregnant. I mean aren't pregnant people not even supposed to be around paint fumes?! Anyways I am a dedicated reader of Ms. Kelle Hampton's blog (http://www.kellehampton.com/) and she posts pictures of her kids all the time and I always see her youngest daughter in a little wooden high chair painted yellow. I LOVE it! So I've been searching for one. Stores don't really make them anymore, and if they do it'd be crazy to buy it new and paint over it for the price! Or they have ugly pads on them so I've switched gears and started looking on good old Craigslist. My husband gets stuff off of there all the time for his studio so I figured why not.

And sure enough I typed in wooden high chair and I got a couple of hits. E-mailed the one guy and he still has them available! Super pumped but I kept looking and found an even cuter one, I e-mailed them too but if I don't hear back I'll get it from the first guy. Twenty bucks! That's it! I want to paint it red but not sold on that color just yet. We'll see. And yes of course I'll post the pictures when it's all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment