Friday, October 19, 2012

Baking makes me a happy lady

Can I just say I absolutely love to bake! Love it. It's so relaxing for me and I love to see people's faces after they see my cakes or cupcakes. The girls I nanny for love to help me bake to so we make lots of cookies, usually chocolate chip. Who doesn't love a good chocolate chip cookie!?

For cakes and cupcakes I usually just do a standard box mix which is the easiest if you're in a time crunch and they always turn out good. I just made a gluten free cake the other day- super easy thanks to the great mixes they have at Hannaford! They even had gluten free frosting- SCORE! I've also made a vegan cheesecake. I think that was the most challenging recipe I've ever done, but I wanted my sister to enjoy dessert on Thanksgiving so I did it for her! It was tough, especially to find a substitute for eggs. You have to be careful because it's not just a normal cake, it's a cheesecake so you want the texture to be smooth and creamy.

I think my favorite part about making cakes and cupcakes is the decorating. It usually takes me awhile but it's so worth it. I could probably honestly decorate for hours just because get so in the zone, I get into a rhythm. I love it!

Here's some pictures of some of the stuff I have made. I usually get my ideas from the Internet. I can see a picture and re-create it on my cake. Cupcake designs I get from this amazing book that makes decorating super easy! It's called "Hello Cupcake"! It's full of tips and tell you what to use. Love it, and my sister just got me their new one for my bridal shower! Haven't used it much yet but I will!

This was for Thanksgiving/Jeff's birthday last year! Love these ones!

This was for my cousin Heather's 21st! Drunken Barbie! Love!

This was for my momma's birthday this year. So fun!

Baby cupcakes for a baby shower!

Made these little monsters to sell at Scottie's shows! Made like $50!

Birthday cake for girls at work!

These are probably one of the easiest cupcakes I've ever made. These were for Addie's birthday!

For cousin Flories birthday! Flowers & cake all in one! :)
 

These were for Scottie's birthday!

Kody requested this one to have with his class in the family room!

A giant cupcake for my mom's birthday!

Duck cupcakes!


Beach theme!

Cupcakes for Mother's Day because my mom is the Queen Bee at our house!
 
This is my latest one. The gluten free cake I just made. Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment