Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Holidays

I don't know, maybe it's just me but seriously Christmas stuff is out already?! I mean come on it's not even Halloween yet! I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart starting putting their Christmas stuff out October 1st. This really bothers me, I think it's so annoying and quite frankly it's just rude to the other holidays. (Not to sound like a five year old or anything but seriously!) It's like when you're putting on a show for your parents and your little sister comes in, pushes you out the way and starts doing some really cool dance routine or something.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE Christmas. I thrive on buying gifts for people, and love to watch them open them. Love watching their faces knowing that I picked out a pretty sweet gift. But I also enjoy both Halloween and Thanksgiving. I mean hello what's not to love? On Halloween you get to dress up as anything you want and no one will think you're a weirdo, plus you get to eat candy, lots of candy! Then there's Thanksgiving and what's not to love about that?! You get to eat all the food you want and it's usually family favorites- it's just a wonderful day.

It just irkes me that stores focus so much on Christmas. The message of Christmas isn't even supposed to be about the materials things for goodness sake. People need to open their eyes just a little but more and stop and enjoy TODAY. Not think about two months from now, who knows you might not even be here. So let's enjoy today shall we?! Let's enjoy the chill in the air, the wind through our hair, and the leaves changing color. Let's enjoy all the Halloween decorations, all the pretty pumpkins and the pretty fall mums. Let's just enjoy right now, and think about Christmas oh I don't know maybe December 1st?!

Here's some inspiration to think FALL and not CHRISTMAS! :)

Gigi enjoying the fall weather!

Who can think of fall without thinking of juping in a big pile of leaves! So fun!

My momma's fall decorations on the front porch. So cute! I absolutely adore the pumpkin flower pot! I wanted to get mums for our porch too but I don't think they'd gel well with our Halloween things we've got going! :)
 
Speaking of Halloween, here's some of our decorations!
 
Our countdown to Halloween, obviously this was taken a couple of days ago seeing as Halloween is now pretty much right around the corner!

Our book shelf. Love! Found the boo sign and big glitter spiders at Marshalls, they had quite a selection!

Gotta have some owls! These were only 4 bucks (again from Marshalls!) And I found the coolest bottles, one is "Zombie Juice" and the other is "Spider's Kiss". The candles are from Barne's & Noble. Love!
 
Preview of my nephew's costume. This year he decided to be a Teenag Mutant Nijna Turtle! Awesome!

And my beautiful neice who wanted to be Aurora, also known as Sleeping Beauty. So pretty!
 
 
So there you go poeple. Think fall! Think leaves! Think pumpkins! Think Halloween! Think spooky! Think fun! And have fun! 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment