Wednesday, July 23, 2014

8 months old!

Holy crap my bean is 8 months old! This month is no exception, I honestly can not believe she is really 8 months old. Time is moving way too fast. I just want it to slow down, just a little.

She got mad I made her sit still for a picture

She doesn't like to sit still anymore (as you can tell, see above picture!). She's around other kids who can move and I think that motivates her to really want to move. She is trying hard to crawl and is slowly getting the hang of it. We actually witnessed her crawl in her room, you can usually get her to do it if you put something in front of her that she really wants.

Right before she started to crawl!

She's still trying to stand every chance she gets. She just gets so excited when she's standing up holding onto something and lifts both hands up and usually falls down. Another fun trick she's learned to do is sitting up in her crib, which is good that she's sitting up on her own. The only down side is that it's much harder to get her to bed. It's pretty cute though when I go to her from her nap and she's sitting up, and has her hands raised for me to get her, it melts my heart.  I think her favorite trick is clapping. She claps for everything and it's pretty cute! She's such a happy baby!

She's doing really good with food. I don't know what it is but all of a sudden she likes everything which makes meal time a breeze! She even likes her cauliflower, which judging by the faces she made the first time she tried it I didn't think she'd ever come around. She's gotten really good with her puffs and can eat them all by herself which is awesome!  We've started to give her some solids and she does pretty well with them, even for having no teeth. So far she's tried eggs, potatoes, pasta, Papa's meatballs, broccoli, peas, and bananas (which she's not really a fan of). Pretty much anything soft she'll try. Next batch of food I'll be leaving it a little chunkier to get her ready for more solids.

I'm still breastfeeding. I'm really proud of myself for making it this far. I know it can be a struggle for some moms and I feel really blessed that we've been able to make it this far. I think we're going to up her foods to three times a day, she just seems like the milk is not enough at lunch time. I'm going to have to adjust her schedule a bit and see what works best. See how we can balance food and milk.

This summer has been so fun. Now that she's moving, sitting up and actually playing with things. It's so fun to watch her explore. She's definitely a water baby, absolutely loves the water! She likes her float and loves when you hold her so she can "swim".

We've been so busy this summer. Since the last post we've gone to a Valley Cats game and a Paw Sox game. Both so much fun! It's obviously way cheaper than a Red Sox game and perfect for Nella at this age. She can't sit for too long, so it's nice that we can bring the stroller and walk around.We enjoyed Nella's first 4th of July, lots of swimming and lots of catching up with friends.

 4th of July parade!

 She loves cousin Kody
 Loves to swing!

Hanging with her friends!

 Being this cute is tiring!
At the Valley Cats game!

She's still very much a mama's girl which I don't mind (for the most part). I love my bean! She still needs my shirt under her head to sleep, I tried to take it away and she woke up an hour later. So the shirt stays! Although I really do try to not have her be a cling on. She's pretty good at being able to entertain herself for a while. I just want her to explore, figure out things for herself. I love watching her figure things out. She's finally started saying "dada" which Scottie is very happy about!

Well that's all for now! Hope everyone is having a good summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment