Friday, July 4, 2014

Summer Fun!

So I haven't been blogging for at least a month now. Whoops, sorry! Last post I made was her six month check in and life is just moving right along. Missed her seventh month check in so here's a quick recap:

My baby girl is growing like a weed. Getting too big too fast. When I look at her in other peoples arms I really see just how big she is, and I wish I could just stop time. I just wanted her to learn to sit up and she could stay that little forever. But no she's gone far past that. She's almost crawling now and trying to pull herself up on everything! (Yes, yes I know I need to lower her crib and I know that didn't jump to any of your minds but I'm hoping if I write it I will remember to actually do it, it's written on the white board too in very large writing. Two days later, after I finish this I'm going to do it! Yes it takes two days to write and re-read a blog when working and when you have a baby!) She's started talking too, she says "mama", "papa", "baba" (although not quite sure why because she hates her "baba") we're working on "dada". Scottie's trying so hard to get her to say it. We've think we've heard it a few times but never when we tell her too, of course. She either says mama back to him or shakes her head no (which I never encourage- ever! Actually I do because it's the cutest thing ever!) Yes one of her new tricks is shaking her head no and it's super cute. She also likes to laugh at me when I tell her no, not cute (ok maybe I have to hide my laughs a little when she does it, but seriously you try keeping a straight face when your 7 month old shakes their head no at you!) Eating is a hit or miss, of course she loves pretty much any fruit you give her and is less than thrilled when you give her veggies but she deals with it. I just keep on giving them to her and praying someday she'll actually enjoy them!

Too big!Trying to pull herself up in the pool!

Scottie had his first Father's Day in June, we spent the whole day together! We went to church then we went shopping for his gift. We got him a new Red Sox (don't hate!) hat, and the World Series dvd. He had to come with us to shop because I knew you needed to have a certain size for the hat and I had no idea what that was and I knew there was no way I could get it from him (he wears it almost everyday) to get it myself, so we all went together. Nella made him an adorable sign, and she made a little something for both of her Papa's too. Daddy's sign said, " I love you Daddy! We make a good team, hands down! Love, Bean" and it had her hand print in the middle. For her Papa's she made a sign that said "I'm hooked on you Papa" with her hand made into a fish! Too cute!

Waiting to give Daddy his gifts!
Her gift to Daddy!

I'm done with Michelle  and the girls for the summer (I have a few dates left with her, but just a few until September). I've started watching Jackson for the summer, only part time which is nice because we are loving this summer weather. Nella is a true water baby! She absolutely loves it! She loves to be in her floatie, she kicks her feet like crazy, and she loves to be held in the water. She leans forward, and puts her face towards the water like she wants to swim! It's probably the cutest thing you'll ever see, although I may be a tiny bit biased.

So far this summer is passing in almost a blur. Hence why I haven't been present much in the blog world. I'm trying to soak in every second that I can. Even the little things. For example we went to the library today and it was Nella's first time. Yeah I know it's just a library and yes I know she can't read but it's still an experience. We went with my sister and her kids and they have this great play area for the kids so that's where Nell and myself went. It's fun to watch her, watch her explore these new places.

Here's a quick recap of our summer so far:

 My cousin Brent married his beautiful wife Krina! Of course we had to take a selfie before we went! [5.24.2014]
 We went to the carnival! Last year I couldn't go on anything because of my bump so I was a little excited!
 My best friend got married! [6.1.2014]
 Nella & Miss Lainey!

 Nell rocking her shades!
 Nella's first time in a pool! Little nervous at first, but she's def a water baby!
 Great day with family!
 First ice cream cone! She loved it!
 Playing with daddy!
 Comley Bar Crawl! [6.14.2014]

 4th of July fireworks with friends & family! [6.27.2014]

 Sister in laws together at Uncle Jeff and Aunt Autumn's Baby Sprinkle! [6.28.2014] There will be a separate post about this with all the details!
 Swimming at Auntie Julie's
 Swimming with Papa

The days go by so fast. It's like I'm trying to hold water in my hands. I'm already looking at pictures of her when she was a newborn and I can't believe how fast she's grown, how fast it's all happening. A little too fast for my liking. She slept through the night last night, like from 7pm to 5:10am (and yes you're going to think I'm crazy when I write this) but I miss her. I miss her needing me for a feeding or for just a cuddle. She won't even fall asleep with me anymore. I tried one night and she cuddles and snuggles and loves on me but refused to fall asleep. I got annoyed that she wasn't falling asleep so I put her in her crib. Five minutes later she was out like a light! And yes I know that's a great thing that she doesn't sleep with us, some people would kill for their kid to sleep in their own bed but I miss her falling asleep on me. She doesn't even fall asleep when I nurse her, when she's done she just pulls away. I give her the bink and lay her down and that's it.

Example A: Baby Nella, look how little she was! She barely even had any fat rolls on those sweet little legs!



Now look at her, so big! Seriously she's gotten so long!

In all her chubby glory! Love it!

As much as I want her to stay my wittle baby I do enjoy watching her grow and learn. It's amazing to really think about how far she's come, it's amazing to see her grow so big. I am blessed to say the least.

And a little side note, speaking of being blessed. I would just like to give a shout out to all the people who came to our shower and gave us diapers! We made it six months without having to buy any diapers! And we just finished our last thing of wipes! Can you believe that! Six months without having to buy diapers! That is truly amazing! So very blessed to have such an amazing family and such an awesome group of friends! Looking forward to a long weekend with my little family! Have a safe & happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment