Friday, July 4, 2014

6 Months In!

Even a little early. And yes I know I missed her five month check in but cut me some slack I'm working again!

Here's the bean at 5 months!

I'm just happy to be sitting at the computer, by myself in a quiet house. Baby is asleep (after quite a battle) and hubby is at worship practice so I am soaking in the quiet, and enjoying some time to myself (even if it is just half an hour, hey I'll take what I can get!)

So in the bean world, yes my baby is going to be SIX months old next week! Yes you read that right, SIX months old already! It's going by way too fast, and now that I'm working again it's going by even faster. I treasure the time when we get home. She always falls asleep on the way home and I soak in every single moment. I take her out of her seat and snuggle with her on the couch (or in bed) and I soak in every breathe she takes, all her little hairs, her eye lashes, her cute button nose (ok I think you get the point). I think that's my favorite part of the day. Even if we have something to do, or someone to visit I take that half an hour and just lay with her. I do try to steal some alone time with her during the day but that's hard with a four year old and a seven month old.

Nannying has been going well. Although the babies are not on the same schedule it's working well. I've been trying to get them to nap at the same time at least once I day. I try to carve out some time for Eva and I to be alone together. We usually play games, make a craft or one her favorites play with some play doh. If the babies are awake I can usually keep them occupied long enough to get a game or two in. We love to go outside, we (the babies and I) watch the "sheriff" (that's what she calls herself) perform her lasso tricks or make some sweet bubbles. If I'm not sitting with babies then Eva and I are drawing chalk or I'm helping her with her bike. I try to stay away from the TV. She usually only gets TV for "rest time" or if we've been outside all morning and she's waiting for lunch. I think it's going well and I hope Eva is having fun too, it's been hard on her with Mom going back to work and I try really hard to make sure she's not lost in the shuffle of taking care of two babies.

 All my girls together!
 Mondays are fun because Addie is home!
 We love going outside!

Ok back to Nella. My bean is SIX months old. Have I mentioned that yet?! Gahh! I can't believe it! She's sitting up really well, she loves to eat her feet, she loves to be in her jumper and jump away! She still hasn't shown much interest in rolling over, I know she can do it (I've seen it) but she just doesn't. As my mom would say, "That's a lot of weight for her to move around." Which is true, I weighed her last week and she's up to 20 pounds already! We'll get her official weight when we go to the doctors later on in the month. She's already in size 4 diapers! She's getting too tall for the threes, she gets poop on her shirt at least once a day (not cool) so we've moved up to size 4's, hopefully that will help with the poop issue. Let's see she loves to be naked, as soon as I take her diaper/clothes off she starts to giggle (which I love!), she loves bath time, and she loves her momma something fierce.


Sitting up like a champ!

And that is beginning to become a problem. Not going to lie I absolutely love it but it's hard when we have to leave her somewhere for over an hour. She's good for about an hour, but once she realizes I'm gone she loses it. I'm hoping it's just a phase. We shall see.

The bean has also started food. We started her at 5 months on cereal to get her used to the whole eating process, after about two weeks of that she was over the cereal and ready to move on to bigger and better things. We started off with sweet potatoes (which she loved) then moved onto peas (not a fan of) and now we are onto squash which she seems to be enjoying. Next up is zucchini, we'll see what she thinks about that! I'm thinking of starting her on a sippy, with just water in it. One so she can get used to using one and two just so she something to drink while eating. I know I can't eat anything without having a glass of something to wash it down with.

 Loved the sweet potatoes!
 Peas.....not so much.

And yes I am that mom who makes her own baby food. And yes I am that mom who only buys organic for her baby. This baby gets the best! And with our baby bullet honestly the baby food is super easy to make (because if it wasn't, truth be told I wouldn't be making it!)

We love our Baby Bullet!

I think we've entered into the world of teething. I'm not 100% sure only because I have a cold right now (runny nose, achey, all that fun stuff) and she does too but she also is drooling more than ever so I'm leaning towards teething. Ugh, and the last two nights she's been in our bed for half the night! She just can't seem to get comfortable in her crib. We'll see if we get any teeth in the next month or so!

Update: After reading up on how to get your baby to sleep through the night I started to really get into a routine. So change her diaper, get her pjs on, read some books and then she nurses. I sing her a little song and the past couple nights she's fallen asleep in my arms gets transferred to her crib and we are done. She still gets up once a night but that's no big deal. Well last night didn't go so well, she started her crying and carrying on. I try to let her cry it out but she just doesn't seem to give in. If I go in and pick her up she passes right out. So my husband had a bright idea to put a shirt that I wore underneath her so she could smell my scent (sounds weird I know) but it totally worked! She slept until 5:30! Trying it again tonight, I've got my fingers crossed!

This month, not only do I get to celebrate my first real Mother's Day but my husband and I celebrate two years of marriage! May 20th we got hitched and I've every second of this crazy ride. It hasn't always been easy but I wouldn't have it any other way. Sadly this month we also remember Black Phil. I am so happy to say that Black Phil was a part of our wedding, little did we know that a little less than a year later he would lose his battle with cancer. Even though he's no longer with I know he's watching over Nella, and that makes my heart happy.

Also on Mother's Day well be getting Nella's six month pictures done. I love getting her pictures done, it's so cool to see just how much she's grown. And as an added bonus the hubby agreed to take some family shots too! I'm so excited to see how everything turns out. My sister takes the pictures for us and she does such an amazing job!

Well I think that about sums up my life right now. Back to work with a growing bean who is changing everyday and I'm just trying to catch every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment