Monday, November 26, 2012

Tis' the Season!

I say that even though it's not even December 1st yet! I'm just so excited for Christmas this year. Actually that's a lie. I'm pretty much excited for every holiday this year because we have our own place, that I can decorate all by myself and I am loving every second of it! And Christmas is no different! I was so excited to decorate for Christmas I waited a mere two days after Thanksgiving was done and got moving! Tonight I put the last of the lights up!

 That's our house! Absolutely in love! We have little candy canes in the front and around the door! Red and white lights around the windows, and red, green and white in the bush. (And yes Courtney you were right I should of gotten two boxes of lights to go around each pine tree but I didn't so on the bush they went!)


This is on top of our book shelf! This took forever to get right! I started with nothing. I had my eye on this fabulous JOY sign at Target with the matching trees to go with it (a small one and a big one no less) but sadly I had to let that dream go because I just couldn't stomach paying $30 dollars for THREE letters (and no that price does not include the trees- they were $8 and another $12 on their own). I even went to Target on Black Friday to see if they would be marked down & they were not. So because I was to lazy to make my own (which I'm pretty confident I could of done for at least a third of the price) I went home. I went back to Target the next day with my sister and she convinced to by a sign that said MERRY for a mere $12, now that I could handle. So I got home and put it up there to soak in the glory of it. It just wasn't doing it for me. But of course I had to have trees or something to go with it, and I just could not for the life of me find a good tree or trees. So the MERRY sign got returned. Then I went to good old Micheals! Sure enough I found these little gems. (And the two of them together were $12, double score!) I found the candles at Target and I think I'm in love!

 This little guy is from Target as well (are you sensing a theme here?!) I got two of these pillows from Target last year when everything was on sale. Snagged these bad boys for 5 bucks each!

My chandelier in the dining room! So easy to do! Just strung some ornaments on a piece of ribbon and tied it in place. The ornaments do all the magic! Love!

This is my sweet owl garland. Found this gem at Marshalls. Totally worth the 6 bucks I spent on it! Even though it took a little, I finally found the perfect spot for it in our dining room. The sign says "Owl be home for Christmas" Seriously?! Could it be any cuter?!

This is where our stockings will be hanging, waiting for Santa to fill them up! :) I got us some new stocking holders, bobble heads of course! That little candle I got from Kohl's last year on sale for I think $2.50! Me and Scottie both have one, mine is pictured here with a c and he's has an s! (As if he cares! Ha!)

The only things missing are our tree (which we will be getting next weekend!) And Scottie's stocking! Home-made by none other than Grandma Comley! So exciting! He's the only one she has to make this year so hopefully we'll get it before Christmas! He picked out a fire place design, I'm so excited to see it done!

Here's some snapshots from my Thanksgiving. What a wonderful day surrounded by family, good food and lots of love!

(Most of these pictures are from my Instagram. That's why some of them are grainy. Follow me: c_francisco )

 Me and the hubs!

 Me and the Kodster! So glad he was feeling better!
Baby Harper & I! Could she be any cuter?! (Her shirt says "Thankful for mommy")
Yummy food!
Sister!
Teagan!
Me and Miss Mackenzie! (She's looking to old for my liking!)
Me & my daddy!
Courtney & Kylie doing a little Just Dance to end the night!

That is all for now. I'll be updating this when we have our tree all decorated! Side note: I found the cutest owl tree topper at Target. I wasn't sure if the hubs was going to let that fly but I went for it, I figured well I can always return it. And return it I did, he took one glance at it and without any hesitation said no. We need a star or an angel, that's it. So the owl went back and I picked out a sparkly star instead. 

And p.s. so far the home-made Christmas is going pretty well. It's about half and half gift wise. Half home-made, half store bought. I can't wait to post pictures of the home-made stuff! I love it! Ok seriously I'm done now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment