Friday, February 14, 2014

Sickness

Well we finally got it. Our little bean was born in November and being a November baby myself I was worried that she would be sick pretty much until spring. My mom never fails to tell me how I was constantly sick, always had boogers and was always cranky so I was a little nervous. But my bean stuck it out. She made it all the way until February!

That's pretty good to me! I mean come on winter's almost over. Oh wait did I say winter's almost over?! Being from upstate New York you never really know when winter will be over. It's the day before Valentine's Day and we're looking to get at least, if not more, another foot of snow. So while I stay optimistic in saying that winter is almost over, sadly it's more than likely got a lot more time here than I would like. (Ok rant about winter is over, sorry!)

So back to the bean. It was last Thursday that I noticed more congestion. I say more because she's always had, what we like to call her pig snort in the morning. (The doctor said it's just because she has boogers in her nose, which is fine because it never really bothered me or caused me any alarm.) Anyways so last Thursday I noticed she was more stuffy than normal and I just knew this was it, she was getting sick. I wasn't surprised either, I was just getting over a cough, and Adora had been sick as well. I'm happy to say it was nothing more than a cold. Thank goodness! She just had a cough and a stuffy nose, no fever- thank goodness!

Still a happy girl even though she was sick.

She was a trooper! Although I hate staying at home during the weekends, unless we have visitors, for my bean I did. We stayed home all weekend, even skipped church. There were no outfits, just nice comfy sleepers. Lots of snuggles and lots of sleeping on mommy or in mommy and daddy's bed. She came on our room at night only two days, and I look at that as a win. Only down side of her being sick was it was obviously a little more difficult for her to nurse, so she was nursing just about every hour and woke up at least three times a night. She spoiled me before and only got up once a night! We had her humidifier in room, running it all day and that seemed to help.

Being sick is exhausting.

Lots of snuggles!

I'd love to say I have the perfect baby and she had her happy personality the whole time she was sick, but no one has a perfect baby so yes our bean got a little cranky at times but who can blame her. Poor thing! I'm sure her throat hurt from coughing, I know mine did!

"Please mom enough with the pictures, I'm sick fr goodness sake!"

Another down side of her being sick was she just couldn't handle the bottle. We tried a couple of times and it just wasn't happening, so back to the boob she went. Last night she actually got down a couple of ounces and didn't cry once during the feeding. I was just worried she would lose the whole bottle thing if we didn't at least try. Now I know it's fine, she's fine, she just couldn't handle it while being sick.

Trying to drink out of a bottle with all this snot in my nose is exhausting!


Although we never had to go to the doctor we did have Mimi (who's an RN) come check on her a couple times. I thought she was doing fine, but it's always nice to hear a second opinion of someone who not only has had her own three kids but who's in the medical profession as well.

Now almost a week later she's almost completely back to normal. Still a little stuffed up and her cough is still lingering but she's back to her happy, playful self!

Back to normal & loving life!

No comments:

Post a Comment