Wednesday, February 5, 2014

In Honor of Valentine's Day

I would just like to take a little time out and give a huge thank you to my wonderful husband. I don't know where I'd be without him. He is my best friend, and I really can't put into words just how much I love him but I'm going to try.

First I'd like to say thank you for sticking it out. I was stubborn and thought I had to experience things, maybe date a few different guys all while knowing I had this great guy right there. But he stuck it out, he waited for me and I can not thank him enough. I always knew once we started dating we'd be together forever. We've had a few bumps along the way but who hasn't?!

My guy is pretty amazing. He gets out of bed everyday and gets ready for work even though he'd much rather stay at home with his girls. It is because of him that I get to stay home with our little girl and I couldn't be more grateful to him for that.

Some of my favorite things about him:

-He makes me laugh, no matter what. He is always the one that no matter what can get me to laugh, if I'm mad or sad he knows how to get me to laugh and I love him for that

-He takes out the garbage (usually without me asking) I mean honestly who likes to take out the garbage, not me! So I love him so much for that.

-He knows his weaknesses and let's me take control in those areas, like money. Even though he makes all the money he allows me to keep track of everything and handle the bills.

-He loves me no matter what. After having a baby your body goes through some changes and although I am still adjusting to this new body he never fails to make me feel pretty and I love him for that. Through his eyes I can still say I'm pretty hot!

-He's gotten me involved in church and baseball which I have come to love (even though my favorite red sox just got traded!) so I love him for that.

-He's gotten me to try new things (food wise) and even though I may not always like then I love him for that.

-He married me and I love him for that! I know that sometimes I am not the easiest person to deal with but he does and he does it great!

-He gave me this most amazing gift that we call Penelope. Without him, she wouldn't be here and I so love him for that.

-He is an amazing dad. Watching him with Nella makes me love him even more than I ever thought possible.

Here's a little timeline through pictures (it's a little long, sorry):

 We started hanging out in 2006, I was a senior in high school
 My birthday in 2007, right before we started dating (We started dating on Nov. 23, 2007)
 Our first New Years together
 Scottie's Birthday
 Our first Valentine's Day together
 May 2008
 One of my favorite pictures of us.
 At my sister's wedding. July 2008
 My 21st birthday. Nov. 2008
 Thanksgiving 2008
 Easter 2008
 
New Years 2009
Trip to Plattsburgh in 2009
 Another favorite picture of us!
 Apple Picking Oct. 2009

 Friends-giving Nov. 2009
Family Thanksgiving 2009
 A fancy show Dec. 2009
 Easter 2010
 Summer 2010
 Thanksgiving 2010
 Christmas 2010
 Easter 2011
 Got engaged on May 17th, 2011
 He pulled me up on stage during one of his concerts & proposed! How amazing is that?!
  My first Red Sox game in the summer of 2011

Wedding August 2011
 Summer 2011
 Our first place! March 2012 And yes we're still here, made some tweaks since this picture and we still love it just as much!
 Easter 2012
 Our wedding day May 20, 2012


 The day was perfect, one of the best days of my life!
 Grandmas's 80th Birthday!
 First Red Sox game as a married couple! Summer 2012
Christmas 2012
 Another wedding! Pregnant with Nella! May 2013
 Summer 2013 (One of my favorite pictures!)
 September 2013
 Nov. 16, 2013. Our baby girl finally arrived
 Our first Christmas as a family of three!
 All dolled up!

And of course following tradition we will by a new movie (we always get a movie that has some sort of love story, or at least a couple in it) and eat ice cream together. We don't buy gifts or spend crazy amounts of money we just spend the night together and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Well that's just a small piece of our journey so far. I still can't believe that this Nov. will mark seven years for us! I can't wait to see what life has in store for us. I just know there are big things to come. I am so grateful to have such a hard working, caring, sweet funny, cute, loving man by my side to navigate through this crazy ride we call life!

And here's a little photo shoot I did with the bean! Enjoy and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!








No comments:

Post a Comment