Friday, October 17, 2014

Parties

Alright first off when you get an invitation to a party weather it be a birthday party, a baptism, an anniversary party most of the times there is some sort of RSVP. Weather it's to RSVP an answer to weather or not you're going or now some people put "Regrets Only". RSVP stands for a French phrase, "repondez, s'il vous plait," which means "please reply". Now don't get my wrong, I get it sometimes we forget (I do more often than I would like) but for the love of pete when you get an invitation write down the date and respond to the sender! My biggest pet peeve about throwing a party is that more often than I'd like pretty much no one responds. Usually about two or three days before the party I'm sending out mass texts to see if people are coming. Then when I get a general head count I go and buy food and still some people don't show up! If you don't want to come then don't say you're going to come. Simple as that! Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some crazy party Nazi. I realize last minute things come up, people get sick. I get it stuff happens but don't be an ass and just not show up. It's just not cool! I'm spending money on food for x amount of people and if you're not coming that's more food that I'm going to end up getting rid of, aka throwing money down the drain. It really ticks me off.

Ok, I'm done. Sorry for all the negative posts lately but I need an outlet and I'm pretty sure my poor husband is sick of hearing me complain so this is it. But I did throw an awesome party for my little bean about a month ago now. We finally got her dedicated at our church. If you don't know what a dedication is, it's similar to a baptism except we're simply saying as her parents we will do our best to guide her on the path to God. She has a choice when she's older when and if she would like to get baptized, after she's come to know Jesus and learn about him herself.

After the church we had a small gathering at my aunts house. I made pretty much everything. Our church service was at 9  and lasts for an hour. So the party was at 11. I didn't want anything to heavy so we went with brunch food. We had bagels, a fruit platter, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, some muffins and of course a cake. I made everything but the bagels and drinks. I think everything turned out super cute and was so happy that everyone was able to make it. Trust me I know getting up at 9 am can be tough.

Here's some pictures from our bean's special day. Unfortunately I don't have any of the picture my sister took for us yet because she hasn't edited them but hopefully I can get those soon!

 All the prep work. I did these a couple of days before so I wouldn't be going crazy.
 Her cake, not to shabby if I say so myself! 
 Cupcakes, we always have to have some cupcakes!
Chocolate covered pretzel rods, so yummy and so easy! I had to get a picture before they were eaten!

Hopefully I can get the pictures my sister took up soon! I wanted pictures with of course Scottie and myself, but also with both sets of grandparents and her God-mommy. Unfortunately her God-father was unable to make it, he lives in Seattle so getting here can be rough. But here's some of her 9 month pictures we took! I love them, they capture her personality perfectly and all that she can do right now!




I love these so much. I think this was my favorite photo shoot to date. I love her with the pearls and showing off that chubby belly. I love the pictures of her crawling and on the moving and standing, they are just amazing! My sister did such a good job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment