Friday, October 17, 2014

11 Months In

Yup that's right. Today marks 11 months for my little bean (who actually isn't so little anymore). Are you as shocked as I am that it's already 11 months! Gahh! I wish I could stop time! And although if I had it my way I would keep her a baby forever I am really enjoying watching her grow.


She's gotten pretty sturdy on her feet, walking all over the place. One of her favorite activities is sneaking away to see how fast she can make it up the stairs. And trust me she's fast! She loves to climb, she gets into her chair and actually sits in it like a little lady. One of her favorite new toys is the toilet. So fun, right?! Ugh it's so gross and our bathroom door doesn't close tight so she can just push it open, and believe me she's a sneaky one. Her current favorite word is "Ba!" She says it for everything and all the time. She loves to play with balls, her baby and of course mom and dad!

 She loves her baby!


So far this fall we've gone apple picking and we're headed to the pumpkin patch this coming weekend. It's so fun now that she can walk around and move on her own. She really likes to explore and see everything there is too see.

 Hangin' out with dad!

 Auntie Rachel
 Uncle Matt
 We love this place!
 First apple cider!
 First cider doughnut!
She picked out her own pumpkin, she thought it was a ball but she loved it!

And now that she is 11 months old I am starting to plan for her birthday party. My baby's first birthday party. I can't believe I'm writing that. Now don't get me wrong I love to plan a party but this one is a little bitter sweet.

Let the party planning begin!

So let me get your thoughts on this. I'm leaning very heavily towards asking people to not give presents. Obviously she'll be getting something  from us, grandparents and her aunts and uncles, but because Christmas is right around the corner and we live in a two bedroom flat we really don't have a ton of room, and I really can't tell people not to get her stuff for Christmas so that's why I'm leaning towards no presents. That being said I don't want a lot of crap taking up space. And let's be honest how much of the stuff that they ever get, let alone for their first birthday, do they use or even keep for that long before it breaks or before you're giving it someone else to get a little more love. So my plan was to put on the invitation something along the lines of "please no gifts, if you'd really like to give her something you can make a donation to her college fund." Now I'm not asking for $100 for everyone, I'm simply saying if they want to give they can, and it doesn't have to be a lot. Even $5 is fine. I don't really care. My whole thought process was well college is pretty crazy expensive as of now so I can only imagine what it will be like when she's old enough to go. But of course I googled this lovely idea because when you're unsure of something you always google it, right? Well that's my go to. Anyways, a lot of the answers I saw to this question was "No, you can't ask for money, that's tacky!", and I get that. But I'm not telling people that have to give money it's just an option. Ok so what do you guys think? Yay or nah? Really I want to know your thoughts.

Onto other news she still only has two teeth. No clue when she'll be getting the rest in. Sleeping habits are getting better, or maybe I'm just putting my foot down. I refuse to feed her during the night/early morning because I know she doesn't need it. She's usually pretty good about taking her paci and going back down but some nights it can be a fight. Not going to lie, sometimes I do give in if she's not feeling well or she's been fussy, but for the most part in her crib she stays. Since she's getting close to a year I'm trying to wean her off breastfeeding. Hoping to get her down to just morning and night and she can nurse until she's ready to stop.
She's a really good eater, I do still give her baby food only because the doctor said having baby cereal would be good for her because o f the iron in it so I usually give her that with whatever fruit or veggie we have left. But other than that she can eat pretty much anything and she loves it.

Here's some recent pictures, well that's a lie some might be older because I missed her 10 month check in.

 This is how Nella takes a selfie. 

 I'm a sucker for holiday wear, she probably has at least five Halloween shirts. This one might be my favorite. "Don't scare me! I poop easily!"
 The three musketeers!
 She really loves to read! Haha
My girlfriend did a little photo shoot with her son and we got in on the cuteness. I mean really, how could I say no!

Jam session with dad!

 We recently went to Violet's 3rd birthday and we got to hang out with Miss Ivy!

 We also got to visit with Miss Sadie!



The girls have gotten so big!
 So big!
If this doesn't scream fall I don't know what does. 

And here's some stuff from her 10 month:


 Getting into trouble!
 Best friends!
 She makes the best faces!


 In September we made our way to Massachusetts to meet the newest Francisco. Baby Colton

 He's pretty cute! 
 Giving kisses


This pictures just shows how big she really has gotten. In the left picture she is 4 months old and in the right 10 1/2 months old. She just looks so grown and I can't get over it. I can't believe my little peanut is getting to be such a little lady. I hope everyone is enjoying their fall season! Keep an eye out soon for some yummy recipes coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment