Monday, September 3, 2018

Henry William

Guys. It's 2018. My last post was in 2015! It's almost three exact years since I last wrote. My little bean is now close to FIVE years old! Can you freaking believe that. Oh and we had another kid....who just turned TWO! Yes that's right, not only am I a mother of two; but I am a mother of an almost five year old and a two year old.

Hence this post. I figured I'd take you back to when our sweet little man was born. We found out that I was pregnant on Christmas eve! We weren't really trying but we weren't preventing it either. I got a pregnancy test on a whim just to see and well you can guess what happened next. We saw the line, the positive sign and we were pretty excited! We told my parents the next day, and his parents too! We waited a little while to tell Nella. Honestly we didn't want anything to happen and to have to explain that.

This pregnancy was a little rough. I hate to complain because I really am so blessed. I am proud that my body is able to hold a baby and make it to full term. I know full well that not everyone can do that and I am truly grateful. As grateful as I am; that doesn't take away from the daily wear and tear that your body goes through during pregnancy. I was uncomfortable and trying to keep up with a two year old. Our due date was August 25th, of course we wanted to find out the gender. We had names picked out, solid one for a boy and a few for a girl. Of course we wanted to throw a little party to reveal what the baby was; low and behold they could not see a thing. Our little bundle of joy was in a tight ball, the nurses got all their measurements so we did not need to go back. I'm cheap so I was not about to go in for extra ultrasounds just to find out the sex. We had to wait and see what we had in there. We were bummed to say the least. I get the surprise of not finding out, but I don't know there's something about knowing what your baby is. You can pick out a name for them, you can bond with them even before they are with you earth side.

                                                Photo by Nicole Maddalone Photography

Anyways, long story short we did not find out so we had to wait. Daddy was pretty convinced it was a girl. We heard it all, if it's a boy they always show off- have their legs wide open. Well whatever this babe was they weren't giving it up. Lucky me we got to wait a whole extra week! In the words of my doctor "You just have a very comfy home in there." Not what I wanted to hear. Shout out to Nella to being a super awesome toddler; who really enjoyed watching a lot of movies on those hot summer days. Well September 1, 2016 finally comes, it's induction day. We call the hospital at 5pm to see if we can come in at 6; they're really busy so they ask us to come in at 7. We wait for Grandma and Papa to come hang with Nella, we say good bye and head to the hospital. We check in, get out room and wait for our doctor to come in. He gets there around 8, gives me a dose of cervidil and says he'll be back to check on me.

In the room I've got my mom, my little sister and my husband. Trying to think back, as the night progressed my pain was definitely increasing. By 10/10:15 I was over it. My husband suggested asking for some pain meds so we could nap and get ready for this baby's arrival, I agreed so we called the nurse in. She checked me and went to get another nurse. She checked me and told me that I wasn't getting pain meds I'd be getting an epidural (if I wanted one) because I was dilated to an 8 or 9 and was ready to go. Mind you my mom and sister had just stepped out to grab a book, and get some snacks so they could hang for a little. My husband called them immediately and told them to get back to the room as quickly as possible. I got my epidural and was ready to go (shout out to all the bad asses who don't get an epidural. Giving birth hurts & I love my epidural). I don't remember when the doctor came in or what time I started to push. I just know by 11:37 pm after two sets of three pushes our little BOY was here. Daddy got to announce it and everyone was over joyed! We seriously could not believe it was a boy. I remember changing his diaper later on, seeing his penis and thinking, "Holy crap! It really is a boy!"

                                      Henry William. 11:37 pm. 9 lbs 11 ozs. 21 inches long.

Big sister Penelope came to visit in the morning with Grandma and Papa. She was very excited and was so sweet with her new brother. We had so many visitors, got so many presents for our boy. We are so very blessed to be surrounded by such a loving family. I stayed over night that night and we went home in the morning a family of four.


No comments:

Post a Comment