Wednesday, August 13, 2014

9 months in!

Yup, you know it's coming. I think by now everyone knows exactly what comes in this first part of our monthly check in. Well here it is:  I can't believe my baby is 9 months old. It's so bitter sweet to watch my baby grow. In one hand I am so proud of all the new things she is learning, all the accomplishments but as she keeps getting bigger and bigger I'm missing my little baby. I'm missing that little newborn baby I brought home from the hospital.


She really has blossomed in the past month. She's finally got crawling down pat and can move pretty fast. She loves pulling herself up on everything & anything and has even started to cruise along the furniture. She's very slow at it but she just creeps right along. She's climbing now too! Up the stairs onto her chair! She's crazy! We've got to watch her every move. She tries to put anything that fits into her hand right into her mouth, so that's been fun. Thankfully we still have her step 'n' play toy that she loves, and that I love! She can't get out of it and I can actually do the dishes or make dinner and have her be content. If we're in the loving room she pretty much just stands on the couch by us begging for whatever food we may have. She's still working on how to get down, once she stands up but she'll get there. In other big news, she's in the big girl tub now! She has outgrown her baby tub so we've upgraded to the big tub! She does fine, much better now that we have a mat in there so she doesn't slip and slide!

Big girl tub! Before the mat, which was a little scary!

I'm taking advantage of her fresh palate. We've tried spinach, mango, blueberries, and corn. We've got parsnips coming up next and plan on trying some papaya along with plums and anything else we can think of! She's getting better with finger foods too! She eats her puffs like a pro, loves pasta, and she's tried oranges too! So far solid food wise she's tried pancakes, pasta, french toast, bread, meatballs, blueberries (anything that's fairly soft she does fine with). She finally popped out 1 tooth and I'm pretty sure there are more on the way.

Naps are still good. Sometimes they're 2 and a half hours, other times only and an hour. Night time is a daily struggle. I think it's her mouth. Sometimes she'll sleep till 6, other nights (like last night) she's up at 11,1,4:30 and then 6:30. I try my hardest not to take her into our bed, but sometimes it's just too easy not to resist. She usually goes down for bed no problem, we've only had a couple of night (knock on wood) where she screams, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's because of her teeth. Seriously if you had these sharp things coming out of your gums, wouldn't you cry a little? I'm pretty sure I would.

Since learning how to sit up and stand in her crib, it took her a little while to figure out how to lay back down. This is how she ended up one night, so glad I got a picture of it! Too funny!

Although it is a little bitter sweet to watch my baby grow up, it is still so much fun. I love watching all of her different expressions, I love watching her personality  develop. I love watching all the new things she does. I am so excited to see where this journey will take us, I'm so excited to watch and see what kind of little human she will become.

At her doctor's appointment. 22.6 lbs and 28.5 inches tall! Growing like a weed!

We are having her dedication at the end of August so be sure to keep an eye out for a post about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment