Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Waiting Game

Well all that's left is to wait. Some days are good some days are bad. We just went to the doctor yesterday and he did check me. No dilating but my cervix is thinning and she is down more, so that's good.

I'm been trying to keep myself busy but it's hard. Most days I don't have the energy to do anything. Seriously I just sit/lay in bed all day. I try to keep myself occupied by looking at Pinterest, or coloring (yes I color, what of it), checking facebook, taking naps, trying not to eat everything or counting down the time until my husband gets home. When I do get some energy I pass the time with doing the laundry or the dishes. Pretty awesome right?! Yes, yes I know I live a very interesting life.

This past Sunday I actually did accomplish something I thought was super productive. I started making meals for my freezer. I love my husband to death but he's no chef. His meals consists of anything frozen that you warm up in the oven (fish sticks, chicken patties, etc.) or he can make a mean hamburger helper meal, tacos, hot dogs or his favorite hamburger noodles. He's also very skilled at using a microwave to make soup or corn dogs but that's not dinner so it doesn't count. So to save myself from getting irritated or feeling like I have to get up and make something I've chosen to freeze meals. All he has to do is take it out of the freezer and put it in the oven at the right temperature and for the right amount of time, which I think he'll be able to manage just fine. So far we have two chicken casseroles, tuna fish casserole, a meatloaf, stuffed shells, crock pot chicken (which is just BBQ chicken but super tender and yummy- thanks Stack for the recipe!) and chili. I'm also going to make baked ziti and chicken parm. (When? I have no idea, because I have yet to find any motivation to do so.) I'm hoping my mom will bring over some of my favorite meals too or we can go over there. (Hint, hint. I would love chop suey and some home-made chicken noodle soup or lasagna!) I also plan on re-stocking our shelf in the basement so we won't have to go to the grocery store as much. Just your basic stuff like paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent, dish soap, body soap, extra pasta, extra soup, and easy meals for Scottie to make.

Now all I can think about it that stupid bathroom floor. Every time I go to the bathroom (which lately seems like all the time) I look at the floor and just sigh. We have linoleum floors that are pretty much white, maybe an off white but they are the worst. You can see every spec of dirt and it drives me nuts. I would like to sweep, swifer and mop before the baby comes, maybe even vacuum. But I can't seem to find the energy to actually do it. Wah, whatever it'll get done eventually.

I actually took a walk today too. It was very refreshing. Nice to take a walk and instead of sweat just feel the cool crisp air.  I've also heard that walking can help your labor along. ;) Maybe I'll tell myself that cleaning will help too.

Until then I'll sit here and wait. Wait for my precious baby girl to make her entrance into the world. Wait for our family of two to become three.

No comments:

Post a Comment