Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Month of January

Seriously I can not believe it's February already! Gahh! Where does the time go?!

Like the title says this post is all about January. In our family January is a pretty important month. We have my dad's birthday, my brother-in-law's birthday, the hubby's birthday and Kodster's birthday! January is a fun month for this family. And another favorite person of mine Amanda, she's my best friend and her birthday just happens to be in January too!

First we have my dad. His birthday is January 3rd. This year he turned 52! Courtney and I wanted to throw him a sweet birthday bash. So off to Party City we went! I didn't want to spend too much and neither did my mom, we like a nice low budget. :) We settled on an "Aged to Perfection" theme. The colors were bright and fun and we could coordinate it with almost every color. We got plates, napkins, streamers, balloons (lots of balloons), candles and a banner.

Our plates & napkins
Ballons!
Banner, streamers!

We had to wait until my dad was gone before we could set up, so that meant waiting for him to go to work. Courtney came home on her lunch break and did everything! She rocks! I had to run to Party City after work to get the helium balloons, and I had to hang up a couple special ones.

Dad with his sweet "Older ButWiser" glasses :)
 His angel food cake, love the candle!
Blowing out the candles!
 Reading cards & opening presents!
 Kody with Papa's glasses!

He said this was the best birthday he ever had! So I would consider that a success! We had a special treat for him. We hung balloons on the ceiling, looked wicked cool! All the green ones had a special memory inside, he had to pop them to get them out. The kids loved it, we even made him cry. He's become emotional in his old age, ha love him!

Balloons hung from the ceiling, you can see the pieces of paper in the greens ones!
Popping them!

Next up we have my brother-in-law. His birthday is January 13th! No party for him, all the boys (including Kody) went out for a special birthday dinner. They had fun! No pictures though. No girls means no pictures, they just wanted to eat!

Then we have my lovely husband. January 26th! Not too many pictures from here either because by the time the party rolled around I was completely exhausted! I started preparations the night before. Got dinner all prepped (made chicken casserole without the broccoli- just the way he likes it), cleaned the whole house (And when I say clean I mean I really cleaned. Cleaned the bathroom, mopped the floors, swept, vacuumed, everything! Hence why I was so exhausted!) I got his party supplies at Wal-Mart. Wicked cheap and a cute theme. Got the plates, napkins, cups, plastic-ware, table cloth, lots of balloons (I think our family really likes balloons), a new banner and some brownie mix. He's not a big fan of cake so I made him brownie sundaes instead! So yummy! I made the brownies in cupcake tins so I wouldn't have to fuss cutting them up. Had to make a trip to Party City for some helium balloons of course. We had my parents, and his parents, his sister and brother of course, and my sister Ashley and her family came too. My little sister was in Plattsburgh that weekend so she missed out! I think he enjoyed his party! Another success!

 A shot of the decorations!
More balloons, hanging from the ceiling. It looks so cool!
Happy Birthday brownies!
All lit up!

Next we have Kody! I made his cake for him, because I made Adora's too. He was having an Angry Birds theme this year so we scoured the Internet for pictures of Angry Birds cakes. Finally after an hour of looking, me making suggestions, him shaking his head no, and too much signing we settled on one. It was pretty cool, and he made it clear if it didn't look exactly like that picture there would be problems (just kidding, but he probably would be pretty mad at me). I promised to make it just like that and I did. He was very happy with the way it turned out and so was I! It was a pretty easy cake, just a little time consuming. He also had a successful birthday, lots of really cool presents! He even got a guitar, thanks to Aunt Courtney!

 Decorations!
Kody's sweet cake!
Singing!
Blowing out the candles!
Presents!
He really liked my card, it played Star Wars music! :)
 Syracuse Hoop!
GUITAR!
 Testing it out!

And I can't forget my beautiful friend Amanda. We've been friends since Jr. High (I feel old saying that because now it's the "Middle School") I love her to death and I was so glad I was able to make it out to help her celebrate! I can't believe we're 25! CRAZY! We went to Bombers, ate and drank and had a good time! Love her!

Birthday Margarita
Drink, drink, drink!
 Happy  Birthday Love! (Stolen from Gregg's mom)

There were also two other special birthdays in January that I can't forget to mention. Two of my wittle babies turned two! Little Gavin and Ethan who are not so little anymore turned two on the 18th and 21st! I was special enough to be invited to Ethan's party and I got to see Gavin later that week when I went to visit good old Maple Leaf! Love those little dudes!

Ethan's Birthday Cake!


And my little Addie-pants turned 4 on the 5th! Ahh! Can't believe she's 4 already! So many birthdays!

Well that's my January! Hope yours was just as good! Off to Wal-Mart to get some crafting supplies to finish my chair I've been working on! It's almost done! You can look forward to more nanny posts and more crafts coming up!

P.S. Totally wrote that letter I was talking about on the last post. Feel lighter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment