Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Overload!

Gahh! I haven't written in so long I feel like. With all the hustle and the bustle of the holiday madness I've just been busy. Between getting last minute presents, actually enjoying Christmas Eve, then Christmas and all the festivities that go along with it and now cleaning up after it's all over, it has just been mad house around here. Thank goodness I had a week off so I can get this house back into order before going back to work!

Before my big craft post I will write about our holiday fun. This year was the first year that we were together as a married couple. Actually the best part was going to sleep on Christmas eve and waking up next to my husband on Christmas morning. I felt like a little kid! I woke my wonderful husband up at 7:30 in the morning (I was a little excited!) but it was a good thing to because at 7:45 we got a call from my nephew Kody saying "Merry Christmas! We're at Mimi's and Papa's already so hurry up and get here!" The kids were so excited that they had to open up a present while they were waiting for us.

 Me and Miss Adora Fae, hanging out after I dropped off presents!
 Sisterly love!

Delivering presents!

I'm getting too ahead of myself here. Let's back it up to Christmas eve. We spent the night with Scottie's family. We all had dinner & watched Christmas movies. The adults worked on a beautiful gingerbread house and the kids got to open up a present. It was relaxing, it was just nice to enjoy each others company. For me it was nice to know that Christmas was almost here and I was done running around. I had finished all my presents so I was quite content.

 Our gingerbread house!
 Noah and myself :)
 Logan and myself
 Logan enjoying his sweet new robe!
 Our first Christmas Eve together, married!
 First present on Christmas Eve!

Our awesome stockings hand knitted by  Grandma Comley, she finished Scottie's just in time for Christmas!

Moving on to Christmas day. The day went quite smoothly considering all the places we had to go. Scottie and I opened our presents together (he spoiled me this year!) then we went to my parents. We made out quite well and the kids loved all of their presents. I always worry if I'm getting them enough and I always spend way to much money trying to be the best Aunt when in reality they just forget about half the stuff in a week. So I got them good stuff this year and even was able to make them a few home-made gifts. I got Kody a sweet new leather jacket (on sale for $17 and some change- major score!) an angry birds JUMBO coloring book, a hot coco mug (designed by me) and I think that's it. I got Adora two princess JUMBO coloring books, a hot coco mug, and a hair tie organizer (which she probably could care less about but her parents will appreciate) Between all the gifts they got from Santa, mom & dad and my mom and dad they made out good. So I was glad I didn't go crazy.

 Kody's sweet leather jacket!

After my parents we went to Scottie's parents for breakfast and more presents. We made out quite well there too! Very creative gifts this year that we loved! And breakfast was so yummy. Awkward moment when Logan opened his gift from us. I don't think it was exactly what he thought it was going to be (even though I typed in exactly what he showed me- I was very careful to write the exact website down) but I think he got over it and we all moved on to the next present following that awkward silence.

After his parents we went to Grandma Comley's. Always a good time over there. I got more presents and handed out more presents. I feel like everyone was so thoughtful this year. My cousin Amanda and myself always exchange presents because we've always been close. This year she got my a beautiful frame with pictures from the wedding in it along with the invitation she saved and her ribbon from her bouquet. So sweet. She also got me a shadow box with a picture of me and Scottie having our first kiss, and in that was the place card, her maid-of-honor speech. Seriously so sweet I almost cried! Love her.

After Grandma's we went home for a little break. I made mashed potatoes for his family dinner then decorated the cupcakes for family's dinner. Aunt Alison came over and dropped off our gift to us as well. They got us guinea pigs! I can't believe I just wrote that, and yes you read correctly TWO GUINEA PIGS! At first it was a shock. We had no clue where they were going to go, or if we even had any room for them. But we decided to keep them. After organizing everything they now have a home on our desk in the dining room. They are still very shy with us, and very skittish. But I do think they are slowly warming up to us.

Meet Tim & Eric!

Next up was my parents house, sadly we couldn't eat dinner there because both of our parents had set the same time for dinner but we hung out for a couple of hours then went to his parents for a big turkey dinner. So yummy! After stuffing my face there I went to my Uncle Craig's (by this time Scottie has had his fill of family for the evening so I let him skip out on the uncles house) Uncle Craig's consists of more family and more food. Just a nice way to end the night. I made a pit stop before coming home. I went to my parents o steal left overs because we couldn't not eat what my dad made. He's such a good cook and we couldn't miss out on that!

Probably my favorite gift! The wedding cake pandora charm! 

Loved writing "Husband" on the gifts. I know I'm a corn-ball!

So that was our Christmas. Whew I'm exhasted just reading about it. I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas with their families and enjoyed every minute of it.

Ohh and p.s. nothing makes you feel more fat than having someone come up to you and rub you're belly like you're pregnant and you having to say "Nope not yet, just getting fat" And then you smile and feel gross. And yes this really happened to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment