Saturday, March 22, 2014

4 months in!

A little late, but my bean is 4 months old! Crazy right?! I can't get over how big she's getting! (Brag moment, please skip over if you don't want to hear it: It's awesome to watch her grow so big, to know that I am doing that. To know that she is getting bigger everyday from me, from my breast milk. Pretty cool! Ok bragging done.)


In other news Bean has a doctors appointment on Monday so we'll get her stats then. So far we're guessing 15 or 16 pounds (she was 12 pounds at her last check up at two months) and she's got to have grown a couple of inches too. I'm excited to see if she can start cereal or not as well. I'm not sure if I'll do it now or what, we'll see what the doctors say. I know she's been starting to eye food for awhile now so it'd be fun to actually give her something she really can eat.

She's changing everyday. I love to just watch her. She's gotten the hang of the whole grabbing thing. She can grab onto to most of her toys and really hang onto them. She's also getting the hang of getting  her toys into her mouth which makes her very happy. She's very nosy, when she's held she likes to be facing out (she doesn't want to miss anything!) she loves to sit up, doesn't like to lay back anymore. She's very observant and likes to watch everything around her.

 She concentrates really hard!
Loves to put everything in her mouth!

Her favorite thing to do is stand. I've been putting her in her jumper, which she loves (she can't quite reach the floor yet but we just put a pillow underneath her and she's good to go). She's beginning to actually bounce more when she's in it and she actually plays with the toys in front of her. (There's a little book, she likes to turn the pages, and there's little vegetables on there that she likes to grab at.)



She's becoming very vocal, always "talking" and if you're not paying attention to her, she'll make you. She can get very loud if she wants too. Another one of her favorite activities would be blowing raspberries. Her father taught her that, and it's probably one of the funniest things to watch.

Telling dad about her day.

We're still working on her naps. Not quite sure what her deal is with that. she just doesn't like to sleep for more than an hour. I don't know, I guess that's good. I just wish I could get her on a more efficient schedule. In a perfect world I'd go for two hours naps, and longer play time as well. It would also help with her eating. I try to feed her before she goes to sleep (I read some where that has nothing to do with how long they sleep but it's all in my head I guess) so in my head if she slept for two hours, I could feed her when she got up, play for two hours and feed her again before she goes back down. Oh well, it's a work in progress I suppose.

I'm all for a little cry it out but the things I see on the internet are messing with my head. All of the things that are so horrible about letting them cry it (the emotional problems it causes, all the stress) but I know that my mom did it with us and I know I turned out ok. I just want her to learn how to soothe herself. I don't want her to have to rely on a bink or the boob. Is that bad?! Who the heck knows, I mean really I know research say.....but every kid is different and every parent is different. You have to do what works for you, right?!

Overall she's a very happy baby. I love that she's laughing now, that makes my day. The only time she's fussy or crying is when she's tired. When she's over tired you better watch out, because she is a hot mess. I love when I look at her, smile at her and get a big smile in return. I just love her so much!

Happy baby!

We went on a little adventure with the bean. We went out to dinner. (Note to self: Don't do that again until she can sit up, maybe eat a little and entertain herself a little better, and don't go so late!) It went fairly well, I just ended up holding her the whole time and hand to walk out to get her to sleep. Once she was asleep it was a breeze!

Well that's all for now! And please don't hate on my grammatical errors. I wrote this kind of fast because my little love bug is getting a little fussy, she's tired. Fingers crossed she sleeps for a little, maybe I'll get to re-read it and fix my errors.

 Some St. Patty's Day love!
 Snuggles with momma!
She loves to be in our bed!

P.S.
A little note to Spring: Hello! Where are you?! We are quickly approaching the end of March and it's still pretty cold out there! So knock off the shy crap and get out there. People want the sunshine, people want the pretty flowers, the birds chirping so get a move on already. I want to walk with my bean and not have to put her in a million layers! Thanks!

Nella's not impressed with all these layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment