Monday, September 30, 2013

Baby Shower Fun!

Holy crap! Can I just say that I can't believe that in two days it's going to October already! Jeeze time is flying! No complaining here, the faster it goes the quicker I get to see my baby!

So let's see last weekend I had my baby shower! It was amazing! My beautiful cousin Florie hosted it with some help from her mom, my mom, and mother-in-law. It was perfect. We had it at our church, they had it right in the lobby and it was just perfect. The decorations, food, the favors, the games, everything was amazing! It was the perfect amount of girly without going over board and in your face.

Bare with here, because there are going to be a lot of pictures! Of course my awesome sister took the pictures!
 My look for the shower! Found this fab dress at Target! And I had a coupon for $5 off so it was only $20! Not bad!
 Ellie and Baby Emma!
 Me and Adora
 Cousins Kenzie and Kylie
 Nella's God-mother Amanda, Heather and Aunt Jo-Jo

 Stack, myself and Rachel
 Me and Heather
 Me and Amanda
 Grandma DeVoe
 Me and my girls!
 Me and Grandma DeVoe
 Me, Amber and Baby Emma
 Me and the beautiful host Florie
 Ashley and Adora
 Yummy cupcakes
 The guest sign in sheet, so cute!
 Aunt Jo-Jo, my mom and Aunt Alison
 Opening presents!


 Me and Alicia
 Ellie and Adora
 Ashley and myself
 Cousins!
 Sisters!
 Aunt sandwich!

 Family <3
 My mom, me and Grandma Comley
 My mother-in-law, myself, Grandma Comley and my mom
 Mother-in-law and myself
 Aunt Beth, me and Florie

 Me and my god-mother!

It was so nice to see everyone there! I had a blast! Here are some of the gifts I got from my crafty friends! 

 Here's the diaper cake that Ellie made!
Some cupcake onesies from Nella's god-mother!
Lollipop onesies! There was whole basket of them, I forgot to take a picture of them all together!
My Aunt Beth made this awesome "bouquet". The flowers were made out of baby socks!
These were the favors. Different shades of pink nail polish with a little "It's a Girl!" tag! Love!
 
I can't even begin to explain how blessed we feel with all of this love surrounding us. I can't believe all the stuff we got! Thank goodness Adora was there to help me open all those presents. It would have taken me forever but with her I think we finished in an hour! She was super speedy! Her nursery is now complete, and not to toot my own horn or anything but it looks pretty damn good! 

This is all her stuff packed up in Scottie's truck! Unbelievable right?! And there was more stuff in my mom's car!

Couple of tips on how to get the most out of your shower. Have a diaper raffle. Pretty much goes like this, if people bring a pack of diapers they get a ticket to be entered into a raffle to win a prize. We are set with diapers for at least a couple of months. Another fun idea if you're into reading have guests bring a book instead of a card to start your baby's library.  I plan on asking people if they want to bring a gift to the hospital to bring a book so we can get her library started! And because she has more than enough clothes!

We also went apple picking too and took some maternity pictures! Again taken by my wonderful sister. I'll post those next post, along with pictures of her finished nursery! 

All we have left to do over here is get the hospital bag ready and then just wait. I'm hoping this month flys by!

No comments:

Post a Comment